Any person maintaining a kennel where more than 4 dogs are kept for show, trial, sale, breeding or other purposes may apply for a kennel license in lieu of individual dog licenses for each dog. Instructions for applying for a kennel license in Sussex County as well as the application for a kennel license inspection are provided below.
License fees for kennels for calendar year 2014 are as follows:
- No more than 12 dogs -- $ 60.00
- No more than 25 dogs -- $ 75.00
- No more than 50 dogs -- $125.00
- More than 50 dogs -- $200.00
- Procedures for Applying for a Delaware Kennel License in Sussex County
- Application for a Kennel License Inspection
Retail Dog Outlets
Each owner of a retail dog outlet in the State must apply to the county for a retail dog outlet license. License fee for calendar year 2014 is $60.00.