Affidavit to the Register of Wills of Jointly Held Real Property
To clear real property held jointly with any individual by right of survivorship.
Affidavit to the Register of Wills That No Delaware Inheritance Tax Return is Required (Form NDITDA97)
For deaths occurring January 1989 - December 1997. Used by husband and wife to clear title of property.
Affidavit to the Register of Wills That No Delaware Inheritance Tax Return is Required (Form NDITDA98)
For deaths occurring in 1998 only. Used by husband and wife to clear title of property.
Affidavit to the Register of Wills That No Delaware Estate Tax Return is Required (Form NDETRR99)
For deaths occurring in January 1999 - December 2004. Used to clear husband and wife real estate and jointly owned real estate by right of survivorship. Also, this Affidavit will serve as your tax clearance on all probated estate where filing of the Federal Estate is NOT needed.
NOTE: If real property is held by right of survivorship a Jointly Owned Affidavit must accompany this form.
Used by creditors to file claims against estates.
To be used when assets were previously reported; but a reason subsequently arose which required the Estate to be opened - but no assets coming in thereafter.
- Inheritance Tax Return filed then Litigation; no recovery.
- Estate opened and closed. Successor needs short certificate to satisfy mortgage or make final distribution,
- Administration necessary in order to establish Ancillary Administration in another State; No Delaware assets.
To be used when there were no assets belonging to the decedent, and none were located (or came in) thereafter.
EXAMPLE: Minor killed in auto accident; Litigation, no recovery.
Petition for Authority to Act as Personal Representative
Used to open estates.
Used to renounce your right to serve as personal representative of an estate.
Small Estate Affidavit
Information on Small Estate Affidavits can be obtained by contacting the Register of Wills office.
Click here to download entire probate pack.
- Probate Pack Instructions
- Letter to Personal Representatives
- Inventory Instructions
- Instructions to Close an Estate
- Form SC30 Accounting Form
- Beneficiaries Entitled to Share in Distribution of Estate (Form SC5)
- Waiver of Notice and Consent of Beneficiary (Form SC2)
- Notice (Form SC1)
- Rule 194