Establishment of Sanitary Sewer Districts
Districts 9 Delaware Code, Chapter 65
- Receipt of fifty (50) or more petitions from legal voters requesting the Sussex County Council to submit the question of organizing a sanitary sewer district to a vote of the electors.
- The Sussex County Council holds a public hearing on the question of organizing a sanitary sewer district, which includes comments on the boundaries.
- The Sussex County Council passes a resolution establishing the district boundaries.
- An engineering study is prepared which indicates the cost of proposed immediate construction and estimates of the resulting proposed user charges.
- A public hearing is held to discuss the proposed sanitary sewer system and the associated construction and operations and maintenance costs.
- An election is held by the Sussex County Council to determine whether the district shall be established or not.
- Sussex County Council passes a resolution directing the County Engineer to take the necessary steps to design and construct the sanitary sewer system.