All Hazard Mitigation Plan (PDF, 7.25MB)
Sussex County Hazard Mitigation Plan Update Project
The Sussex County Multi-Jurisdictional Hazard Mitigation Plan, first adopted in 2005, is part of the County’s all-hazards plan that serves as a comprehensive, long-term planning tool used to identify various strategies. The overall goal of the effort is to reduce or eliminate the loss of human life and damage to property as a result of hazards, both natural and man-made. The Disaster Mitigation Act, passed in 2000, requires states and local governments to develop and approve hazard mitigation plans in order to be eligible for post-disaster hazard mitigation funding.
Every five years, as is required by FEMA, we have to update our plan. The update will consist of discussing timelines for implementation of mitigation actions, as well as describe specific expectations and roles for state, county and local officials. The County has selected a consultant, The Olson Group, Ltd., to update the current plan. Part of the update process requires public notification and participation which is why we are using this as one of the forums to gain comments from the public. We have also added a form to allow anyone to submit comments which will be incorporated in the plan.
- Project Kickoff Meeting Minutes
- Notional Timeline and Task List
- Initial Planning Meeting and Project Overview Presentation
- Upcoming Meeting Schedule
- Steering Committee Coordination Meeting Agenda
- Steering Committee Coordination Meeting Minutes
- Steering Committee Initial Planning Meeting Agenda
- Steering Committee Initial Planning Meeting Minutes
- Working Group Initial Planning Meeting Agenda
- Working Group Initial Planning Meeting Minutes
- Combined Steering Committee/Working Group Meeting Agenda - 3/24/2016